Samantha is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Mental Health Practitioner in the state of Nebraska. Samantha joined Options in Psychology, LLC in April 2015 and completed her clinical supervision Lori Rodriquez-Fletcher, LICSW.
Samantha is originally from Auburn, Indiana. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors in Psychology and minor in Spanish from the University of Missouri - St. Louis in 2012. She also competed for the women’s soccer team. Upon graduation, Samantha pursued her Master of Social Work. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Master of Social Work from University of St. Ambrose in Davenport, Iowa.
As a graduate student, Samantha spent her summers with the City of Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation working with higher-needs children as a camp supervisor. During the school years, she worked at an area settlement house in a low socioeconomic area and a Family Medical Center, as well as, serving as a Research Graduate and Teaching Assistant. Furthermore, Samantha studied abroad and lived with an Ecuadorian family who spoke only Spanish. Upon graduation, she worked at a non-profit community mental health center as a therapist.
Samantha enjoys working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. Samantha utilizes an empowerment-based approach with various modalities including: stress management, cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness, play therapy, and child-parent psychotherapy. Her special interests include: trauma, anxiety, depression, and family-based healing. She also feels very comfortable with suicidality and crisis management situations. She is currently a member of the National Association of Social Workers-Nebraska Chapter and an Advisory Board member of the Nebraska Project for Vulnerable Young Children (NRPVYC).
• CPR & First Aid (American Heart Association)
• Crisis Intervention Team
• Adult/Child Needs and Strengths Assessment
• Nonviolent Physical Crisis Intervention
• Special Olympics
• National Depression Screening Day
• ORU Women’s Soccer Mentor and Coach
• Normandy Community Outreach Health and Wellness Run
• Muddy Boots: Youth Outreach Nature Camp
• Veteran’s Day Advocacy Run
• Suicide Awareness Advocacy Run
• Trauma-Informed Care advocacy
• FCA Day Camp coach
• Non-Medication Interventions for Anxiety at Genesis Family Medical Center, December 2013
• Exposure Therapy at St. Ambrose University Social Justice Conference, May 9th, 2014
• Sports Psychology Discussion at Morrill Jr./Sr. High School, December 1st, 2016
Dean’s List Member, Athletic Talent Award, Athletic Director Honor Roll, Summit All-Academic Team Award, GLVC All-Academic Team Award, GLVC Council of Presidents’ Academic Excellence Award, Pierre Laclede Honors College member, Golden Key International Honour Society Member, Psi Chi International Honors Society, Theta Sigma Chapter of Phi Alpha National Social Work Honor Society, & Outstanding Hometown Social Worker Recognition