Samantha is a Provisionally Licensed Mental Health Practitioner and Provisionally Certified Master Social Worker in the state of Nebraska. Samantha joined Options in Psychology, LLC in April 2015 and is receiving clinical supervision from Lori Rodriquez, LICSW.
Samantha is originally from Auburn, Indiana. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors in Psychology and minor in Spanish from the University of Missouri - St. Louis in 2012. She also competed for the women’s soccer team. Upon graduation, Samantha pursued her Master of Social Work. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Master of Social Work from University of St. Ambrose in Davenport, Iowa.
As a graduate student, Samantha spent her summers with the City of Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation working with higher-needs children as a camp supervisor. During the school years, she worked at an area settlement house in a low socioeconomic area and a Family Medical Center, as well as, serving as a Research Graduate and Teaching Assistant. Furthermore, Samantha studied abroad and lived with an Ecuadorian family who spoke only Spanish. Upon graduation, she worked at a non-profit community mental health center as a therapist.
Samantha enjoys working with children, adults, and families. She also has experience with group therapy and Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy interventions. Samantha utilizes an empowerment-based approach with a cognitive-behavioral framework along with some mindfulness and play therapy. Her special interests include: anxiety, depression, psychoses, sports psychology, and issues faced by persons of LBGTQIA populations. She also feels very comfortable with suicidality and crisis management situations. She is currently a member of the National Association of Social Workers-Nebraska Chapter.
• CPR & First Aid (American Heart Association)
• Crisis Intervention Team
• Adult/Child Needs and Strengths Assessment
• Nonviolent Physical Crisis Intervention
• Indiana LSW Master’s license: effective October 31, 2014
• Special Olympics
• National Depression Screening Day
• ORU Women’s Soccer Mentor and Coach
• Normandy Community Outreach Health and Wellness Run
• Muddy Boots: Youth Outreach Nature Camp
• Veteran’s Day Advocacy Run
• Trauma-Informed Care advocacy
• Non-Medication Interventions for Anxiety at Genesis Family Medical Center, December 2013
• Exposure Therapy at St. Ambrose University Social Justice Conference, May 9th, 2014
Dean’s List Member, Athletic Talent Award, Athletic Director Honor Roll, Summit All-Academic Team Award, GLVC All-Academic Team Award, GLVC Council of Presidents’ Academic Excellence Award, Pierre Laclede Honors College member, Golden Key International Honour Society Member, Psi Chi International Honors Society, & Theta Sigma Chapter of Phi Alpha National Social Work Honor Society